CitySourced Knowledge Base
With the CitySourced Knowledge Base product, you will be able to create FAQ Articles within the Console, which can then be implemented into the Mobile App or into a website.
The Knowledge Base can be accessed by first logging into the CitySourced Console.
- From the top Navigation Bar, hover over Applications and select Knowledge Base.
Articles are displayed in Views similar to Service Request Views within the Console. The default View displays all Articles that have been created. Create an Article by selecting the Create Article button on the top right corner.
In this page, you can enter your Article contents and set settings for that Article. In the first dropdown, you can choose the App Type for which your Article belongs (ie. Service Request, Trash Service, etc.). When inputting the Knowledge Base in the App or on your website, you can limit the visible Articles to specific App Types.
- For App Type, select the appropriate Application your Article is intended for.
- Select the appropriate Status from the options below:
- Published – This option will automatically publish your new Article upon creation.
- Draft - If selected, your Article will be saved as a Draft Article, and remain within the Console/unpublished.
- Archived – This option can be used to archive old Articles. Articles with this Status will not appear outside of the Console.
- Enter a Title for your article. In FAQ’s, traditionally the question that is answered in the article will be entered as the Title.
- The Summary may include shortened text to preview the contents of the Article.
- Enter the full Article contents in the Article
- Sort Order is a numerical value that dictates the order in which articles are listed in your Site or App. The default value is ‘100’. If the same value (ie. 100) is selected for multiple articles, then they will appear in alphabetical order. Articles with lower values (i.e. 75) will appear first, whereas articles with higher values (i.e. 125) will appear at the bottom. Any numerical value may be entered in this field, and the display of the articles will follow the chronological order inputted.
- Publish On: this field is optional. If you wish to Publish your article at a later date, select ‘Publish’ as your Article’s Status, and enter the desired Publish Date in this field.
- Expires On: this field is optional. If you wish to remove this Article from public view at a future date, enter the Expiration Date in this field.
- Featured? Check this box if you would like the Article to appear as a Featured Article. Featured Articles are displayed as a list in the Knowledge Base, where as non-featured Articles appear when a User enters a matching keyword in the Search Bar.
- Private? Private articles will not appear in the Knowledge Base for public view, even if they are published.
- Disabled? Disabled articles will not appear in the Knowledge Base for public view even if they are published.
Once the required fields are completed and your article is ready, click Create at the bottom of the page.
From the Knowledge Base section of the Applications drop-down, you can use Filters and Saved Views, similar to their use in the Service Requests Application, in order to display select Articles. Standard Views appear in the left navigation menu, as shown below.
To search for specific articles, you can either use the orange Filter Bar to choose select filter results for your search, or use the Search Articles section from the left navigation menu to search for a specific article.
An individual Article can be opened by clicking on the Article Title. In this page, you will see all options selected upon Article Creation, and will have the capability of editing these choices.
Like Service Requests, fields can be edited by clicking on the Pencil Icon ( ). Comments added to an Article will appear to the end-user as well. By selecting ‘Action Menu’ in the top right corner, you can delete your Article if necessary.
From the left side menu, choose ‘Widgets’. All Widgets previously created will be displayed in the table.
Click ‘Create Widget’ at the top right of the page. In the following pop-up, choose ‘Knowledge Base’ from the Application dropdown list.
- If you would like your Knowledge Base Widget to be limited to Articles for certain Applications, choose the Application desired in the ‘Limit Search Queries To:’ field. This is useful if you are using the Widget as an FAQ for a certain application (ie. Service Requests), and do not wish to make visible other Articles created. Otherwise, leave this field blank.
- Enter a Name that can describe your Knowledge Base Widget (ie. ‘Service Requests FAQ’). This Name is internal only.
- The default iFrame Height is 500. This can be increased or decreased depending on the best format for your site. Note: any of the values selected in this Widget creation form can be updated at any time and will NOT require a new code. A new code will only be needed if creating a new Widget.
Once you select ‘Update’, you can preview the Widget by clicking on the eye icon under ‘Preview’.
Once your Knowledge Base articles are ready for publishing within your CitySourced Mobile App, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to enable this as a link in your side menu. The following information will be required:
Module Category: This is the Category on your App’s side menu, which will contain the Knowledge Base link underneath it.
Module Title: This is the Title of your Knowledge Base/FAQ.
Limit Search To: If you wish to limit the Articles that appear here to certain Applications’ Articles, please let us know the Application here. (ie. Service Requests or Mobile App)
Enable Comments: Yes or No. If Comments are enabled, App Users will have the ability to add Comments to each Article.
Show Feature: Yes or No. If Yes is chosen, Articles marked as ‘Featured Articles’ will appear in a list underneath the Search bar once the Knowledge Base is opened.